Racing at Compiegne dates back to 1875, when the local authorities gave in to local demands for a racing venue in the town. What followed was significant developments at the course and to local infrastructure to allow the Parisien bettors to get to the course on race days. Since then racing has flourished in the Hauts-de-France commune, with a variety of disciplines now taking place at the course.
A figure of eight jumps track is circled by a left-handed flat course home to both thoroughbred racing and trotting cards. Racing generally takes place at Compiegne between March and July every year.