How does Ten to Follow work?
- Racing Post and Tote compile a list of over 500 horses, from which players will pick a stable of ten horses to follow for each stable they enter
- Points are awarded to horses for winning and placing in their races throughout the season. The better the grade of race, the more points on offer
- There will be 23 “Bonus” races across the season, finishing at Champions Day at Ascot on Saturday 15th October 2022
- Each paid entry costs £5 (or €5.50 if playing in Ireland)
- The paid entry prize pool is determined by the total entries and prize structure as set out in the terms and conditions with a minimum of 60% of the total net prize pool going to the winning stable and money down to 10th place
- A 10% commission is taken by the Tote to cover costs of running the game, with the remaining net pool redistributed in prizes
- There is a free to play competition (maximum one entry per person) where people can play for racing prizes
When does Ten to Follow start and finish?
- The competition opens for entries at 11am on Monday 23rd May 2022
- All stables must be registered by 6pm on Thursday 2nd June 2022
- Selections within stables may be changed freely until the deadline on 2nd June
- Ten to Follow points scoring starts at 11am on Friday 3rd June 2022 and finishes at 5pm on Saturday 15th October 2022
- There is a seven-day transfer window from 11am Wednesday 10th August 2022 to 11am Wednesday 17th August 2022 to coincide with the start of the York Ebor meeting, where all stables are allowed to make up to two substitutions. These horses will start scoring points immediately after being confirmed.
What’s new for the 2022 Flat Season?
- Smart Pick Auto-Fill Algorithm: Smart pick auto-fill algorithm intelligently designed to select the best horses for your stable
- Whether you just want the algorithm to pick 1, 2, or up to all 10 horses, it will pick a balanced stable of horses optimised to score the most points across the season
- Using historical data and TTF performance, the algorithm has been fine-tuned to select the optimum balance of stable. This includes targeting bonus races, selecting “bankers” that could sink you if leaving them out, and picking wildcard horses that can make the all-important difference
- More information on horses to help your selection:
- See how popular each horse is: Horse list can be sorted by “percentage picked” highlighting the percentage of stables with that horse in
- See the Racing Post verdict on each horse, sort by bonus races, expected distance, RPR, and race types to get all the info you need to pick the perfect 10 horse
Bonus races and Scoring
Group 1 win – 25 points
Group 2 win – 20 points
Group 3 win – 15 points
Listed win – 12 points
Any other race win - 10 points
- Points will be awarded for all races in UK, Ireland, and France, as well as Group/Grade 1s only in other countries (eg: USA, Germany etc)
- Points will also be awarded from returns of a £1 each-way bet on the Tote in each race a horse runs in. Example: £1 win at 5.50 + £1 place at 1.20 = 6.70 points awarded. For races run in UK and Ireland the returns will be based on the standard Tote dividend. For races run overseas, the local tote return will be used (as published in the Racing Post)
There 23 Bonus races are as follows (all group 1 unless H'cap):
The Oaks (Epsom) - 3yo Fillies 1m4f
The Derby (Epsom) - 3yo Colts 1m4f
Irish Derby (Curragh) - 3yo Colts 1m4f
Queen Anne Stakes (Ascot) - 4yo+ 1m
The Commonwealth Cup (Ascot) - 3yo 6f
St James' Palace Stakes (Ascot) - 3yo Colts 1m
Prince of Wales' Stakes (Ascot) - 4yo+ 1m2f
Ascot Gold Cup (Ascot) - 4yo+ 2m4f
Coronation Stakes (Ascot) - 3yo Fillies 1m
Platinum Jubilee Stakes (Ascot) - 4yo+ 6f
Eclipse Stakes (Sandown) - 3yo+ 1m2f
July Cup (Newmarket July) - 3yo+ 6f
King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Diamond Stakes (Ascot) - 3yo+ 1m4f
Sussex Stakes (Goodwood) - 3yo+ 1m
International Stakes (York) - 3yo+ 1m2f
Nunthorpe (York) - 2yo+ 5f
Ebor (York, Heritage H'cap) - 4yo+ 1m6f
Ayr Gold Cup (Ayr, Heritage H'cap) - 3yo+ 6f
Irish Champion Stakes (Leopardstown) - 3yo+ 1m2f
St Leger (Doncaster) - 3yo 1m6f
Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Paris Longchamp) - 3yo+ 1m4f
Champion Stakes (Ascot) - 3yo+ 1m2f
Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Ascot) - 3yo+ 1m
Bonus Race Points: Additional 25 points for a win, 12 points for finishing 2nd.
Prize Pool & Payouts
The Paid Competition will have the following prizes:
- Each paid entry costs £5 (or €5.50 if playing in Ireland).
- The winner will be guaranteed a minimum of £20,000. If the winner’s 60% share of the net pool is less than £20,000, Tote will contribute the difference to total £20,000 in prize money to the winner.
The Free competition will have the following prizes:
- 1st: 2x annual members badges to a racecourse of the winner’s choosing
Where can I register my stables?
- Ten to Follow at the Tote: www.tote.co.uk/ten-to-follow
Make sure you follow the Tote Racing Twitter account for details of the next Ten to Follow competitions.