This page will explain everything you need to know about Tote Credit from how to check if you have one to how to use Tote Credit to place a bet.
What is Tote Credit?
Tote Credit allows you to place a bet for free, yet with all the functionality of real money stake. Yes, that means real money pay-outs and no dividend deduction! In the scenario that you want to place a bet that is a higher value than your eligible Tote Credit balance you’ll be able to top up your bet with cash.
How do I get Tote Credit?
At Tote there are many opportunities to earn Tote Credit using our products including from sign up to being an ongoing Tote customer. To ensure you receive details of our latest offers make sure you are opted into marketing by updating your contact preferences via your account.
We regularly run promotions across our site. To see details of our latest offers, please visit the Promotions pages below:
Check out our latest promotions - https://tote.co.uk/promotions
However, if you have a query regarding an existing promotion you have claimed, please do not hesitate to contact us using the Contact Us button at the bottom of this article and following the instructions for Live Chat.
Lastly, we don't give out Tote Credit on request.
Am I excluded from receiving Tote Credit?
On occasion, reviews by our operational team may highlight accounts where we may decide it necessary to restrict promotions from customers due to safer gambling or other concerns. Unfortunately, these accounts will not be permitted to participate in promotions.
Patterns of betting that indicate an attempt to abuse the promotions - or engage in activity that is against the spirit of the promotions - will also result in exclusion from the offers.
For the avoidance of doubt, customers with long term winning records are welcome at the tote and will not be restricted from promotions because of their successful betting activity.
Any account that is deemed to be directly involved in fraudulent activities, or related to other accounts that have been involved, will be excluded from Tote Credit. In addition, any such accounts will be subject to our Fraud Policies, outlined in our Tote General Terms & Conditions
How do I find out if I have a Tote Credit?
On Web Browser
You can find out if you have any Tote Credit by checking “my account” when logged in; you’ll see your balance in the right-hand corner (split cash/Tote Credit). For further detail you can go to “my promotions” within “my account” giving you a breakdown of your Tote Credit. Alternatively, you can find Tote Credit icon on the Bet Slip. Upon adding selections to your Bet Slip any eligible Tote Credit that you can use towards your bet.
On the app
You can find out your current tote credit balance in your betslip when you're placing a bet. Use the toggle to use your available tote credit.
I have earned Tote Credit through one of your promotions, when will it be credited?
If you have yet to receive Tote Credit from an offer for which you have qualified, there are a number of actions you can take:
Check the Tote Credit hasn't already been credited
Tote Credit shows as a separate part of your cash balance. To ensure you haven't already been credited with your Tote Credit, click here to view your current promotions (login required). For help on how to place any Tote Credit you may have, read the below question ‘How do I use Tote Credit'
You can also read the section ‘How do I find out if I have a Tote Credit' which will show you where to locate any free bets that you have available for use.
Check the 'Terms & Conditions' of the offer
If you have received an email to notify you of the specific offer, there will be a link in the header of the email directing you to the Terms & Conditions of the offer:
This link will give you assistance on the qualifying criteria of the offer and what the expected timescales for crediting should be.
If you have not received an offer by email and have already signed up to the offer, the terms & conditions should be available under each promotional page. These can be accessed from the following link - https://tote.co.uk/promotions
How do I use Tote Credit?
You can see your Tote Credit balance cash balance. Any eligible Tote Credit can be applied in your bet slip by tapping the icon.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your account using the 'Log In' button.
- You will see Tote Credit next to your cash balance, for full detail you can access this in “promotions” within “my account” which will show all Tote Credit available on your account
- Make your selection(s) as usual
- On the Bet Slip, you will see the icon at the bottom of your selection(s). Tap the present icon to use any eligible Tote Credit
- You can also add a cash stake in the stake field should you wish to place a bet with part cash and Tote Credit.
- Click 'Place Bet' to place.
NOTE Some Tote Credit will have restrictions and can only be applied to specific selections depending on the terms and conditions of the promotion. For example, some Tote Credit can only be used on selected products for example ‘Placepot’
What are the Tote rules for Tote Credit?
For any Tote offer or promotion which involves the application of Tote Credit to Your Account, the general rules below apply:
- Any Tote offer or promotion involving the crediting of Tote Credit to a customer Account is limited to one per customer and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- In the event of a customer opening more than one Account to claim multiple registration offers, or claiming an offer on duplicate Accounts, we reserve the right to suspend and close any duplicate Accounts and make void any bets placed.
- Tote Credit is provided for customers to bet with and may never in any circumstances be withdrawn as cash.
- Although Tote Credit cannot be withdrawn, any winnings derived from bets placed with Tote Credit can be withdrawn.
- Tote Credit will be subject to expiry within 7 (seven) days of it being credited to Your Account.
- Tote Credit gives you all the functionality of a real money bet with all funds going directly into the relevant racing pool resulting in the full Tote dividend upon settlement being returned to you.
- Tote Credit can only be redeemed across racing bets, as follows: Toteexacta, Totetrifecta, Toteswinger, Totejackpot, Toteplacepot, Totequadpot, Totescoop6, Totesurvivor, Totewin and Toteplace. This list may be amended from time to time.
- Some Tote Credit offers and promotions will have restrictions attached to them meaning that Tote Credit can only be applied in certain instances or to specific racing selections. For example, for certain offers and promotions, Tote Credit can only be used on selected products for example ‘Placepot’. These restrictions will be detailed in the relevant offer and/or promotion terms and conditions.
- Tote Credit cannot be redeemed across Ten to Follow, Virtual or Games sections of the website or official Tote mobile and tablet applications.
- Tote reserves the right to refuse Tote Credit to a customer where Tote reasonably believes that such a customer is abusing or defrauding the Tote Credit system.
- Tote reserves the right, acting reasonably, to withhold, restrict or cancel offers and promotions from individual Account holders in accordance with its eligibility, promotion abuse and internal trading risk policies at its reasonable discretion and with prior notice.
- To claim a matched Tote Credit, whereby an offer or promotion invites participants to receive Tote Credit to equal the same value stake as that which the customer makes, a customer must stake their own money to be eligible to receive the Tote Credit. Should their initial selection be a non-runner or the bet becomes void, then the stake will not count.
- Tote Credit cannot be used to qualify for any another Tote promotion or offer.
- In circumstances where a bet is part funded by Tote Credit only the cash part of the bet will contribute towards qualification. For example, a £/€10 bet that is split £/€4 Tote Credit and £/€6 Cash only the £/€6 cash would contribute towards qualification
- For the avoidance of doubt, Tote Credit is not a financial product.
- Tote Credit can neither be exchanged nor substituted for cash or any other form of tangible or intangible benefit, whether in part or in full.
- Any Tote Credit existing in Your Account will expire upon its closure, for whatever reason.
- We reserve the right to withdraw Tote Credit at any time but will endeavour to provide reasonable notice wherever possible.
For any further enquiries please contact us and we will be happy to help.