For the first time ever, your favourite fantasy racing competition will be available in a short-format game spanning the four-days of the Cheltenham Festival.
So, whether you’re flying high in the season-long game or you’ve managed to pick ten more likely to run at Chelmsford than Cheltenham, it’s time to have another crack of the whip.
The Tote Ten to Follow Cheltenham Mini Game l will ask entrants to pick ten horses specifically tasked with picking up points at the Cheltenham Festival. The game uses the same system for scoring points as the season-long game and this time you only need to finish in the top 500 to win a cash prize. There will also be a free-to-play game with brilliant prizes to be confirmed.
Tote Ten to Follow Cheltenham Mini Game is now open. Enter your stable and edit as many times as you like until the game begins. Get your stables in early as in the event of a dead-heat, the stable entered earliest will be ranked higher.
How does the Tote Ten to Follow Cheltenham Mini Game work?
Tote Ten to Follow Cheltenham Mini Game works very much in the same way that the season-long competition works with a few key changes:
- Entries cost £5 per stable. There will be a 0% Tote takeout, so all stakes will be redistributed amongst winners.
- Unlike the season-long game, there are prizes down to 500th place, so there are more opportunities to win.
- Each user will have one free stable and there are some fantastic prizes up for grabs for the first three places.
- Players must choose a stable of ten horses to accumulate points throughout the Cheltenham Festival. Every time they win or place, they’ll be awarded points.
When does the game open?
The game will open 3rd March for entries and close at 10pm 15th March so there’s plenty of time to pull your stables together. Point scoring will commence when the Festival kicks off on 16th March and closes at the end of the day on 19th March.
What are the prizes for the paid game?
The more stables that enter, the bigger the prizes. As ever, there will be no Tote takeout and this time we’re paying all the way down to 500th place. Here’s how the prizes would look if we took £15,000 worth of entries:
|Finishing Position||Percentage of pool||Prize|
What are the prizes for the free game?
We’ve secured some brilliant prizes for our free-to-play game. Each player is entitled to one entry into our free game.
- One annual membership for Cheltenham
- Two hospitality tickets to the Panorama Restaurant for Saturday November 13th 2021
- Two 2022 Cheltenham Gold Cup Day Tickets
- Two hospitality tickets to the Leopardstown Christmas Meeting 2021
First place will have their choice of prize, second place will then have their choice of the remainder until all prizes are claimed.
How do my horses score points?
Your horses score points exactly the same way they do in the season-long competition. Read our Tote Ten to Follow guide to find out more.
What are the Bonus Races?
There are eight Bonus Races with an additional 25 points up for grabs for the winner, while the runner-up bags another 12 points:
- Arkle Challenge Trophy
- Champion Hurdle
- Queen Mother Champion Chase
- Brown Advisory Novices' Chase (formerly the RSA Chase)
- Stayers Hurdle
- Ryanair Chase
- County Hurdle
- Cheltenham Gold Cup
Can I edit my stable?
Yes, just like the paid game, you can edit your stables as many times as you like until the deadline on 15th March.
How do I build my stables?
There’s still shortlisting, simple and pro mode available for the mini game. For more information read our Tote Ten to Follow guide.
Will there be a transfer window?
There will be no transfer window for the four-day game, so choose your selections wisely!